Today, I received a notification for the Liebster Award from http://awayfromthemaddingcrowdblog.wordpress.com/ , who blogs with words everyone can empathise and melt into. Thank you so much you ‘closet writer’, I am honoured to be nominated.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and add a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think deserves the award
- Ask 11 innovative questions to the ones you have nominated
- Remember to notify your nominees once you have uploaded your acknowledgement post.
Questions and My Answers:
- What is the story behind your blog name?
Blogging is a platform for me to express my emotions and share my experiences. I did not want to be judged by my name, place, race, religion. I wanted to be completely anonymous. So I named it after the secret name by which my partner addresses me – Cheeks. The Peaks of Cheeks.
Also, if you have ever watched SpongeBob SquarePants (one of my favourite shows!), there is a very interesting Texian Squirrel named Sandy Cheeks. It was just perfect. The name just clicked.
- Why did you start blogging?
I have always been a recluse. It is very difficult for me to express emotions. Once when I was upset and words struggled to come out of my mouth, I wrote my feelings to my partner. It is he who discovered I can write and motivated me to write more. On the 7th of July 2020, I decided to start a blog – not just to write but to learn how differently people express their views, life, emotions, pain, grief, humour and every possible thing one can imagine.
- What is your favourite colour and why?
There are three colours between which I keep switching. White, grey and black. Since the question demands one colour, I am going to stick with white. White is the hardest colour to maintain. When you wear a white dress and go out, you have to be extra careful while eating, drinking, sitting or even leaning. One stain and the dress is as good as done! No one will notice the beautiful white dress but just the stain on it. Our character is also the same. Being good, kind and considerate all the time is very difficult. We have to adjust and sometimes even sacrifice for the greater good. It is very easy to raise hand on a weak soul, shout at the waiter who spilled a coffee, dump all the garbage on someone else and not care about anything. But it is difficult to be good. The colour white is your goodness.
- Who is your favourite superhero and why?
I do not have any favourite superhero even though I give company to my partner in watching Marvel and DC movies. But if I absolutely have to pick a superhero, I would pick Batman. He has not been bit by anything or injected with anything. He is just a normal human being (other than his seemingly endless wealth) with his heart seeking justice, and in a league of his own!
- Movies or TV-Series? Why?
There are many movies and series I love watching. Different types in different languages for different moods. Nothing in particular. May be I can share the last movie I watched – Baby Driver, a Hollywood flick. Why did I like it? Because it was fun!
- What do you do to de-stress?
This might sound crazy but my way of de-stress is to crawl on a very comfortable bed, turn myself into a burrito with the room in perfect temperature. I like to play some interesting series or movie on TV till I doze off.
- How do you prepare for your writing?
There is no preparation per se. I lay down on my couch, stare at the wall wondering what to write. I try to recollect the day or some memory of mine. When I go in a loop about a thought or emotion, I put it down in the computer.
- What are your other interests besides writing?
I think I belong to ‘Jack of all trades; master of none’ category. I love doing many things. But to name a few: I sing, draw, paint, read and cook. Besides that, I always love to travel and trek. Gardening is something I have always wanted to, but yet to, explore.
- If you can travel to a place you have never been to before, where would you go and why?
Oh, this could take up numerous blogs! It is just not one place but many that I wish to visit. I have a folder full of places to which I want to travel, starting from Swiss Alps (Roger Federer’s country), Altai in Russia, Kiso valley in Japan, Sapa in Vietnam, Living root bridge in India and the list goes on.
- Have you been heartbroken? How were you able to move on?
I was heartbroken when my grandmother passed away. As I mentioned earlier, I was never much of a talker. I regretted every moment, after she passed away, for not letting her know how much I love her. I wish I were kinder to her but my teenage brain took control over me.
To answer your second part. I do not know how I moved on. I remember crying and wallowing in guilt. Time did a lot of healing, I guess. But I did learn from my pain. I have become a better human being than I was before.
- Do you believe in soulmates? Why or why not?
I do not believe in soulmate. It is too much pressure and expectation on one person, don’t you think?
I remember looking at my partner and thinking, ‘He is an ass sometimes, but I think I can tolerate him.’ There was always that initial attraction but beyond that it is compatibility and the willingness to tolerate and adjust to each other’s faults. Any two people can come together and live a long, happy life if both have the heart to accept and adjust.
My questions for the nominees:
- What is happiness according to you?
- Which one memory of yours will you always cherish?
- What is the latest thing that made you laugh your belly out?
- Which embarrassing memory of yours makes you laugh even now?
- What about Mother Nature do you admire the most?
- Which is the first song that comes to your mind now? Can you share it?
- What do you do when you cannot fall asleep?
- Have you miserably failed in delivering a joke? How did the experience go?
- Is there anyone in your life you want or wanted to apologise to?
- What is the one thing you are proud of?
- Can you share one of your classic jokes or pick-up lines?