I started following Lyn Crain through her ‘Letter – C’ blog, which has been an inspiration for me. Thank you so much Lyn for nominating me for Vincent Ehindero Award.
- Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Make a post of the award (with a photo of the logo).
- Post the rules.
- Ask 5-10 questions of your choice.
- Nominate 10-30 other bloggers (or more) and notify them.
My answers for Lyn’s questions:
- What genre is your favorite?
Short Stories and Prose Poetry have always been my favorite reads. Short Stories are like the short bursts of emotions. I would like to refer them to as m&m’s, you know what it can do to you. Poetry is like a candy you savor for a long time. However, I enjoy Prose Poetry more as one does not get caught up with the technicalities but lets the emotions flow.
- If you could be a character in any story which one would it be?
Josephine March in Little Women is the character I can think about right now. Jo is a strong willed, brave and independent woman who stood by her beliefs and lived her life in her own terms. She was a true feminist in every sense. I cannot recollect anyone else I would want to be right now.
- Are you veggie lover or a fruit lover?
Fruits!!!! Definitely! I do eat vegetables but I love varieties of fruits. I crave fruits especially when I am sick. There is something about them that is very refreshing, don’t you think? But the funny part is there are certain fruits I refrain from eating, for example, muskmelon. Wondering why? Because it tastes like pumpkin!
- What era of music is your favorite and why?
All kinds of music of all eras. I listen to songs from 1950s to the present. Mostly my preference for music is correlated to my mood. But certain days it is the other way round as well.
- If you change one thing in the world, what would it be?
If I get an opportunity to change one thing in the world it is going to be how people treat nature. I do agree that development is very essential but every time I go home I see lesser trees and wider asphalt roads. I really wish to find a way to perfectly coexist without digging our own grave.
- Why did you begin blogging?
I had never recognised myself to be a writer. It is when I once expressed myself in writing to my partner as I couldn’t express my feeling through speech that a new way of expressing myself opened up. I usually write Prose Poetry which I have never published in a public platform. I keep holding back as I tend to think there is something wrong with it.
- What makes you laugh?
A lot of things. I have always enjoyed humour and have enjoyed the company of people who have a good humour sense. The most recent incident that made me laugh very hard was when my partner was narrating an incident where a friend (girl) of his accidentally walked in and ran out in shock while he was trying to find happiness as a lone man inside his one-room apartment.
Oh wait! Something just happened. As I write this blog a mosquito happened to sit on the tip of my nose and I had a good five seconds of trying to figure out the calculation for killing the mosquito with the racquet without electrocuting my nose.
My Questions for nominees:
(May be I can keep it fun this time?)
- What is the most insufferable dish you have tasted? And what did you do?
- What is the naughtiest thing you have done as a child?
- When has a child really annoyed you?
- Have you stalked someone?
- Have you seen a movie which you are embarrassed to talk about?
- The three wish you would ask to a gene?
- If you could be anything for a day, what would it be?